I am happy to say that I have officially started one of my New Year's resolution - learn to swim! =)

My swimming lessons officially started last night. To be honest, I was really nervous all day. I was also scared that the water was going to be cold! LOL!

I was actually early for class. When I got there, I changed and was ready to go. I stepped out to the pool deck and to my dismay, saw kids! Obviously I felt really embarrassed! So I went back to the change room. I figured that the kid's class wasn't finished yet. Then I saw another lady in the change room and asked her if she was taking the class too. To my delight, she was! LOL! So we waited together.

It was a very small class. In fact, there were only 4 of us! Ha ha ha! Three ladies including myself and one guy. The other two ladies were moms who were wanting to learn so that they can swim with their kids. The guy already knows how to swim, but wants to get rid of bad swimming habits. So I don't know if he'll be staying in that class at all.

We were told to set a goal for ourselves so that we can work towards something. My goal is mainly to learn to float (in the deep end) and be able to swim across the pool (about 50 metres).

At our first class last night, the girl went over everything that we will be learning the next 8 weeks. So far we practiced breathing, learning the best leg strokes for swimming, floating on our front and back and treading water. Overall, the class seems like it's going to be a lot of fun!

Looking forward to being able to swim!! Eeeeee!!! Maybe I'll go swimming more often. He he ...

-Lene

One Response so far.

  1. I want to learn how to swim too... greatest frustration :(

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts